Wednesday, January 9, 2013

""STOP"" the press

I went to buy a Northern Daily Leader at my local newsagents this morning, "Sorry mate they are all sold out, they have been running out the door since 6 am" I was told.
"What is the big story of the day " I asked.
"Back page mate, Lachie Cooke took 5 for 11 for his Tamworth side in the Walter Taylor Shield played in Armidale"
You could not wipe that smile from my face as I left my newsagents empty handed.

Lachie Cooke is having a stellar year. He is the leading wicket taker for City in Third Grade with 16 wickets to his name ( I would of had more if the boys could catch, he quickly told me), which is a fabulous achievement when you take into account the strong bowling attack they have down there.
There is someone who can take alot of credit for Lachie's development this season. His captain Peter Mead, who keeps throwing him the ball, saying "you can do this."
GOOOOO  Lachie told me he wouldn't be happy until I get my picture on the cover of the Rolling Stone:
                    I Wanna buy five copies for my mother Rolling Stone
                    I Wanna see my smilin' face on the cover of the Rolling Stone  CITY

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated and none will be posted unless you leave your name. Click on the "Name/URL" radio button and type in your name.