Thursday, March 28, 2013

Let me tell you a story about Richie, Scotty and Sugar playing Lawn Bowls.


Our three City boys were out on the ‘Green’ practising, up at the City Bowling Club. Sugar was about to bowl. When they saw a funeral precession go by. Instead of bowling, Sugar removed his cap and placed it on his chest and lowered his head until the funeral had passed.
At this point, Richie and Scotty looked at each other and said, “You know, that was the most touching thing I’ve ever seen you do Sugar.”
Sugar looked that them with surprise and answered, “Well, I was married to her for 5 years. It was the least I could do!”



 
I was paired with my wife playing bowls  and friends of ours. After playing very poorly and feeling down on herself my wife turned to me and said. “Nobody loves me….nobody cares for me..the whole world hates me!”
Without thinking through the answer I said  “That’s not true dear. You are not that famous that whole world hates you. Some people don’t even know you.”

GOOOOOOOOOOO there is bearfoot bowls starting at 4pm, before our Presentation Night kicks off on Friday Night, 12th April CITY

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated and none will be posted unless you leave your name. Click on the "Name/URL" radio button and type in your name.