Tuesday, August 26, 2014

They were far too good for me.


Neil  (Lillee) Cooke
I was ambushed at training on Sunday. There were good numbers at training on what was a splendid morning.
The better bowlers were all in one net, bowling against potential first and second grade batsmen and giving them all a good workout.I padded up, eyeing up the second net. Thinking to myself “there was more danger of being bowled off the side netting then a straight ball getting through my defences.”

As I walked towards the second net, with a confident stride, a heard a little voice from behind me “excuse me, sir can I go in this net.” I looked around to see one of the many new young faces that have signed up for City this season. His helmet hid his baby face, what could I say but “Sure son, in you go”.
To my horror I got the call to hop into the No 1 net. My confidence quickly left me.
The bowlers smelt blood. Tezza was bowling these unplayable late in-swingers while Neil would then follow up with his unplayable out-swinger. If the club could get both these bowlers playing in the same team, they would be the next Thompson/ Lillee bowling partnership.
After a quarter of an hour of missing and nicking it was time for me to get out of there.


Terry (Tommo) Kampe.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO our own D.K. and Tommo at CITY






 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated and none will be posted unless you leave your name. Click on the "Name/URL" radio button and type in your name.