Friday, October 31, 2014

So many hard working people.

There are so many hard working people within our club but I have two early candidates for “Clubman of the Year award”.

She is our roving reporter, always getting the run down from every match for her weekly match reports. She is our Club Secretary, our 1st Grade Scorer/Manager. She is Nikki Handsen.

This young man had a serious and painful knee injury through the off season and was not going to play cricket at all this season. Then a good mate tried to talk him into playing 3rd Grade at another club. When an S.O.S. was sent out by City for him to continue to play, in 2nd Grade, as wicketkeeper he unselfishly answered the call. Since his return he has kept superbly behind the stumps in 2nd Grade although still in some pain.
On Saturday with Dan Whale unavailable, he stepped up to the top grade and took the gloves. He worked his butt off behind the stumps until his knee could not take anymore. He is Dan Rogers.

 A Friday story.
I have had a busy week firstly I went to the Gym.
I said to the gym instructor “Can you teach me to do the splits?”
He said. “How flexible are you?”
I replied “I can’t make Tuesday’s”

Then I went to the doctor.
Doc I can’t stop singing the “Green, Green, Grass of Home”.
He said: “That sounds like Tom Jones syndrome”.
“Is it common” I asked.
He sang back to me “It’s not unusual”.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO all the best for the weekend CITY

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated and none will be posted unless you leave your name. Click on the "Name/URL" radio button and type in your name.