Friday, October 11, 2013

The catch.

I swear I saw it come straight off the bat
A small red dot growing to fill the sky,
I readied myself to holt its descent,
feet well apart, steady, hand-eye practiced
co-ordination triggered to make the catch.
Arms above my head, like a high-board
diver sure to end the ball's spin, tuck
and revolutions with a perfect re-entry
to a soft sweatless cushioned pail-like palms.
Ready to welcome the mob’s celebration, as team mates stare.
I dropped it.
I don't see how. I have a safe pair of hands,
maybe I lost it in the sun?, or was it Sugar yelling “DON’T DROP IT”
as it entered my hands.

Teams for Saturday's match against Wests
1st Grade Chaffy Park: Dan Whale (C) 0423918389, Nick Blake, Ryan Hansen, Sam Brown, Tait Jordan, Terry Kampe, Daniel Lawrence, Mark Fisher, Dan Rogers, Lachlan Cooke, Neil Cooke.
2nd Grade Riverside 3: Peter Mead (C)0427603558, Josh Bennie, Simon Bellamy, Ishan Duggal, Paul Fisher, Danny Malpe, Cory Callcott, Charlie Kelly, Steve Ballantine, Cooper Thompson, Sean Hancock, Adam Ryan,
3rd Grade Belmore Park: Terry Skewes (C) 0407467012 John Miskle, Glen Ryan, Paul Lawrence, Anthony Fitzgerald, Graeme Schwenke, Eddie Beattie, Tim Paynter, Rodney Pryor, Josh Miles, Luke Dennis, Trent Balderston.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO soft hands  CITY

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated and none will be posted unless you leave your name. Click on the "Name/URL" radio button and type in your name.